The team at Forth With Life recently undertook a survey of 1000 women, all aged 45 or over, based across the UK. The purpose of this study was to determine how significantly, and in what ways, women in both full time and part time employment are affected by symptoms of the menopause, and what policies and procedures are currently in place within organisations to provide help and support for matters of this kind.
Some of the key findings from the study include:
- 90% of UK Workplaces Fail to Offer Menopause Support.
- Only 3% of workplaces have policies focusing on the menopause.
- Almost a quarter of menopausal women have called in sick as a result of their symptoms.
- Almost two-thirds of women over 45 find work difficult due to symptoms of the menopause.
- 8% of respondents believe the menopause contributed to them leaving their job
You can find more information about the study here.